Raw Chef and Health Educator Certification in Oregon
Course OverviewThis Raw Vegan Chef Certification is a blend of theoretical and hands-on training taught by Elaina Love and our dedicated Pure Joy Academy instructors. Immerse yourself in the healing power of holistic raw vegan nutrition and the culinary art this cuisine. Learn about the building blocks of optimal health and how to heal and nourish your community with gourmet foods, Whether you want to advance in your professional culinary career or learn how to create healthy, healing gourmet dishes for your family and friends, this program will open your mind to a new and exciting way to prepare food. You will cover beginner to advanced techniques to create positively delectable dishes, along with the science of flavor balancing and recipe development. As a graduate, you will have prepared over 100 delicious, nourishing, gluten-free, low-glycemic and family friendly meals. Also included are daily nutrition lessons and Q&A with Elaina Love and special expert guests. This training is unlike any other because Pure Joy Culinary Academy now has it’s own Cafe, Pure Joy Kitchen! We will have a hands-on experience of making food for real customers in addition to learning and getting certified. Level 3 students will be involved in making an in person, sit down dinner for a small group. Bend is known for its bustling downtown, nature hikes, kayaking, and biking along the river. There is free music in the park during June, paddle boarding down the Deschutes River, and over ten nearby lakes for swimming and playing. Use your free time in the evenings and days off during the training to explore the beauty of Central Oregon. As always, you will get one of the best raw food certifications in the world. We pride ourselves on having a low glycemic, cashew, gluten and grain free kitchen. We deliver cutting-edge information of health science in our nutrition courses. You will make healthy, delicious dishes designed to make you feel light and energized. Our training will make you confident as a chef, a teacher, a business owner or in your kitchen
Level 1: Thursday, June 14th – Sunday, June 18th
This course is a blend of theoretical and hands on training taught by the experts in plant based nutrition. As a graduate you will have prepared over 50 delicious meals which are nourishing, gluten-free, low-glycemic and suitable for families and clients alike. You will become versed in the latest nutrition information, including gut and brain health, body type balancing and tools for optimal living. Prerequisite: None
Level 2: Thursday, June 21st – Sunday, June 24th
This coursework is a great beginning to prepare for a career in plant based culinary arts. Tailored to increase your understanding of how food affects the body, you will explore how to create a balanced nutrition plan for your unique body type. You will learn advanced culinary techniques to increase your repertoire of fully raw meals. Prerequisite: Certification of Level 1
Level 3: Thursday, June 28th- Sunday, July 1st
Level 3 is an advanced chef training focusing on advanced pastry techniques, innovative dehydration skills, gourmet desserts and more. In addition to the excellent teaching and training you will get throughout the entire course, we have created a way for you to put everything you have learned into hands-on practice in a very special pop-up dinner for our Tucson community. Become an expert in catering to a large group and making your recipes explode with flavor! Get inspired and learn ideas on how to start a raw food business, and learn the next steps to take as a raw food educator with real nutrition facts. Take your presentation and teaching skills to a whole new level. This course is suitable for raw food professionals, health professionals or anyone who loves Plant-Based Cuisine and wants to make more inspiring, satisfying meals. Prerequisite: Certification of Level 2
- Get real hands-on catering and business experience – for your final week 3 certification, you will be helping the Pure Joy Team cater a small dinner. You will also be involved in cafe food production
- Job placement opportunities. Become certified as a Pure Joy Instructor – apply to intern or open your own Pure Joy Culinary Academy Branch.
- Surround and network with other like minded individuals – connect with other students from around the world.
What You Will Learn
- How to create simple to advanced recipes for family, clients, or a commercial food business.
- How to make a variety of Ethnic cuisines (Indian, Mexican, Chinese).
- How to make restaurant quality gourmet desserts.
- Stunning food plating and progressive catering techniques.
- The art of low carb, grain free pastry making.
- How to make fluffy breads, satisfying granolas, and sophisticated sauces.
- Elixirs, herbs and superfood beverages for vitality.
- Hand made chocolates.
- Use advance techniques for flavor balancing.
- Ways to extend your longevity with Herbalism.
- Distinguish between food and nutrition facts from dogma.
- How to travel like a pro.
- How to give polished recipe demonstrations as a raw food educator.
- How to refine your knife skills.
- How to create mouth watering textures and flavors.
- Ways to lighten up common raw food recipes.
- Ways to navigate modern day stressors and how to balance your hormones.
Our lovely pure joy staff are here to help! Email Katelyn@Purejoyacademy.com to get your questions answered. OR Call 253-432-6952 to speak with her over the phone.
What You Will Make
Join us for this Raw Food Chef and Health Educator Certification and take the next step towards the life of your dreams. Our community of students and loving staff is waiting to assist in your transformation. For tuition details, please submit an application below.