- 5 cups kale, chopped or ripped
- 5 cups Swiss chard, chopped or ripped
- 1/4 med red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, crushed - optional
- 2 cups avocado meat, cubed
- 1 cup zucchini, julienned (use mandolin blade setting # 2)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp high mineral salt
- 6 TBS extra virgin olive oil OR flax seed oil
- dash dried jalapeno OR cayenne pepper
- Remove the stems of the kale and chard - tear or cut the leaves into bite sized pieces or chopped into small bits.
- Pour the salt and lemon juice over the leaves and mix well with your hands.
- Squeeze the leaves tighly with your hands to help the leaves become soft and tender.
- Mix the oil and the rest of the salad ingredients into the bowl and allow to marinade for another hour or more.
- ♥ Notes and Tips: The longer you allow the salad to marinade the more tender it becomes.
- The salad will keep, well sealed, in your refrigerator for up to 5 days (in this case don’t add the avocados until serving time).
- For a creamy dressing, place the marinade ingredients in the blender with 1/2 to 1 of the avocados and blend. For variety, add a chunk of ginger to the blender.