- 3/4 cup unsalted creamy almond/pecan/walnut/coconut butter
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar or lakanto sweetener (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. stevia
- 2 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3 Tbsp. ground chia and 5 TBS water (to make a chia egg)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Optional: 1/4 cup Lucuma or mesquite powder (this will make the cookies more flavorful)
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp mineral salt
- 12 drops vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup dairy free dark chocolate bar or cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients.
- Process until a dough forms. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop dough onto prepared cookie sheet. You can flatten dough with the palm of your hand or a wet spoon if you'd like to have cookies like mine in the photo, or if you prefer, you can leave the dough as is and cookies will be a bit puffier.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies turn slightly golden brown around the edges. Allow them to cool on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining dough. Makes around 20 cookies