You may be eating a high raw, vegan or whole food diet, and think that the food you eat every day is good for you. Maybe it is, but there could be some ingredients you are consuming regularly which could be robbing you of the health and vitality you were born to enjoy.
Often I meet people who are having health challenges and they say “Oh yes, my diet is very healthy!” But when I dig deeper I find they are still consuming some suspect foods, and possibly things that are downright damaging their gut. The only way to really know if your regular diet is really working for you is to test it out for yourself.
Start by doing a cleanse or liver flush, and fast on green juices and blended soups like this cucumber cherry tomato soup, smoothies and tonics for 5-10 days. Next, slowly add one food back into your diet, one at a time for a few days each (meaning don’t add them all back in at once or you will have no idea what you are sensitive to).
Take note of runny nose, coughing, itchy nose, watery eyes, skin breakouts, bowel disturbances like gas or bloating, etc. I’ve compiled a list below of foods to pay attention to when you eat them. If you are eating any of these on a regular basis, you may want to consider eliminating them if you have poor health, or even if you sneeze often, get itchy or watery nose or eyes, clogged nose in the morning, get skin rashes or breakouts, feel groggy or tired often, irritability and moodiness.
Generally safe for most people:
- water (preferably spring water or a good filtered water)
- green lettuces (romaine, red and green leaf, spring mix, arugula)
- green sprouts (broccoli fenugreek, clover, alfalfa, sunflower, etc.)
- raw and cooked vegetables
- leafy greens (chard. spinach, cabbage, and celery)
Pay attention (healthy for some and not for others):
- almonds (can be irritating to those with IBS)
- nut butters (may be rancid, hard to digest and too easy to over eat)
- bananas (a high allergen food and high in sugar)
- raw kale and collards (may be best steamed if eaten in large amounts to remove oxalic acids)
- organic cruelty free eggs (may cause allergies or gas)
- chocolate (could be moldy)
- herbal teas (could be moldy)
- organic corn and corn tortillas (mold and GMOs)
- fermented soy (wheat free tamari, miso, tempe)
- carbonated water (may cause gas and bloating but does NOT destroy tooth enamel or cause minerals to leach from bones as was previously thought)
- olive oil (may not be pure olive oil, and may be cut with canola or other suspect oils)
Toxic (you may think they are healthy but NOT):
- whole wheat flour and whole wheat (mold and other gut damaging pathogens)
- gluten free products (gluten free flours and packaged cookies and crackers)
- healthy packaged foods (read ingredients carefully and watch out for sugar content)
- cashews and peanuts (mold and mico-toxins)
- agave (another form of High Fructose Corn Syrup)
- moldy coffee (sold in most stores, coffee chains and diners)
- soy (tofu, soymilk, soy beans)
- organic milk and cream (create excess mucus in gut lining which clogs ears, nose and throat. Buildup of pus causes infection)
- boxed coconut and almond milks (read the labels, they are full of strange ingredients and thickeners plus added sugar. It’s better to make your own from scratch)
If you are ready to embark on this journey start clearing out some or all of these suspect foods and see what happens.
You may also wonder if you need to do some kind of a cleanse, and when would be the best time to do it?
The answer is yes, cleansing is important to do 2-4 times a year to keep your liver and colon functioning optimally! Any time is a great time, but especially around the change of seasons. Cleansing your body and flushing your liver will also help clear up food allergies and may get rid of some of the food sensitivities you already have. Read more about the benefits of doing a cleanse or liver flush here.
Try our easy to follow guided liver flush webinar series. You will receive special guidance from Elaina Love and much more:
- Pure Joy Manual with detailed cleanse information
- Nourishing recipe demonstrations – green juice, medicinal teas, lemonades more!
- 9 webinar sessions with Elaina love and special detox experts
- Private Facebook Support Group to keep you motivated
- Shopping lists – everything you will need to have a successful cleanse
- Face mask and self care recipe demonstrations for all ages
You can make your cleanse super easy and luxurious by ordering a Pure Joy Planet Signature Cleanse Kit with the highest quality supplements already assembled for you. All you have to shop for is the produce using our shopping list which is included.
Happy Cleansing from the Pure Joy Team!
Easy Ways to Intermittent Fasting | Health Tips for Women with Elaina … …