Today in the podcast I talk about my experience with Candida and how I was able to get rid of it. I take you through a journey of how to find out if you have it, what it is, how to neutralize it and find a balance in your life.
As always, my goal is to educate, inform and uplift you so it may seem a little daunting to dive into this topic. I promise that if you heal your body of yeast, mold, and fungus, your life will be amazing and you will have a much higher chance of avoiding many of today’s modern diseases such as diabetes, cancer, thyroiditis and so much more (even acne is tied to candida).
Why am I talking about Candidiasis (Candida)?
An overgrowth is a very common condition It is especially prolific among people with autoimmune. People are suffering from digestive issues, fatigue, brain fog, recurring fungal infections, skin problems, mood swings, and more, and a lot of times this can be caused by Candidiasis or Candida overgrowth! I had candida since birth, I was able to transform my health and eliminate candida by cleansing and making dietary changes. I witnessed my energy, vitality returning, my mental clarity restored, and chronic symptoms fade away.
What is Candida?
Candida is a fungus, which is a form of yeast, a very small amount of which lives in your mouth and intestines. Its job is to aid with digestion and nutrient absorption, but when it is overproduced it breaks down the wall of the intestine and penetrates the bloodstream, releasing toxic byproducts into your body and causing leaky gut. This can lead to many different health problems ranging from digestive issues to depression.
The healthy or ‘good’ bacteria in your gut typically keep your Candida levels in check. However, the Candida population can get out of hand if a round of antibiotics kills too many of those friendly bacteria, you have a diet high in refined carbohydrates and sugar (which feed the Candida), high alcohol intake, are taking oral contraceptives, or any number of other factors including a high-stress lifestyle. Even a diet high in fermented foods like Kombucha, sauerkraut, kefir, and pickles, can feed Candida causing an overgrowth.
Candida has the unique ability to change shape in order to protect itself from harsh environments. It responds to a shift in temperature or acidity levels by transforming from a rounded yeast cell into an elongated hyphal cell. These elongated cells have the ability to permeate the gut lining, causing leaky gut, and, once in the bloodstream, invade other tissues.
This means that Candida can quickly transition from a gut problem to a full-body problem as it colonizes the skin, mouth, ears, thyroid, genitourinary organs, or elsewhere. For this reason, Candida overgrowth symptoms are wide-ranging and can present as the following:
- Skin and nail fungal infections such as athlete’s foot, ringworm, and toenail fungus, thrush in mouth
- Feeling tired and worn down or suffering from chronic fatigue
- Digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
- Autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, lupus, psoriasis, scleroderma, or multiple sclerosis
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus, ADD, ADHD, and/or brain fog
- Skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, hives, and rashes
- Irritability, mood swings, anxiety, or depression
- Vaginal infections, yeast infections, urinary tract infections, rectal itching, or vaginal itching
- Severe seasonal allergies or itchy ears
- Strong sugar and refined carbohydrate cravings
Do you think you have Candida overgrowth? Take this simple quiz to find out!
10 Common Candida Symptoms-sourced from: https://amymyersmd.com/sp/candida-breakthrough-challenge/
The Candida & Autoimmune Connection
Once Candida (candida albicans) has penetrated your intestinal lining and caused your gut to become leaky, it opens the floodgates for undigested food particles, toxins, viruses, and bacteria to pass through your intestinal wall and into your bloodstream. This triggers an inflammatory response from your immune system in an attempt to fight off these foreign “invaders”. As your gut remains leaky, your immune system continues sending out wave after wave of inflammation, and soon gets stressed, weakened, confused, and begins firing less accurately. When this happens, your own body’s tissues can end up in the crosshairs of your immune system. Over time this can lead you to develop a full-blown autoimmune disease.
How do you test for Candida overgrowth?
Blood tests check for IgG, IgA, and IgM Candida antibodies in your blood, and can be performed at most any lab. High levels of these antibodies indicate that an overgrowth of
Candida is present somewhere in the body and that your immune system is reacting to it.
Remember, Candida has the ability to suppress the immune system so it is important to ask your doctor to test your total IgG, IgA and IgM levels along with the Candida antibodies. Low levels of total IgG, IgA or IgM could cause a false negative response to the Candida antibodies, meaning you have Candida but since your immune system is lowered, you are unable to produce a response and your blood test comes back negative.
Since many people have suppressed immune systems, blood tests can often be negative even when the stool or urine tests are positive.
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
A low white blood cell count (WBC) has been associated with Candida overgrowth as well as a pattern of high neutrophil and low lymphocyte count. This pattern is very common in those with Candida overgrowth.
This appears to be the most accurate test available. This will check for Candida in your colon or lower intestines. However, you need to make sure that your doctor orders a comprehensive stool test rather than the standard stool test. With the stool test, your stool is directly analyzed for levels of Candida. The lab can usually determine the species of yeast as well as which treatment will be effective.
How do you treat Candida overgrowth? Through the Candida Diet or Candida Cleanse
Effectively treating Candida involves stopping the overgrowth, restoring the friendly bacteria that usually keep them in check, and repairing your gut so that Candida can no longer enter your bloodstream.
Accomplish this with a simple and proven three-wave attack in my 30-day Candida Breakthrough™ Program. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: First, you need to ‘starve’ the Candida by removing the foods that feed it from your diet. This means cutting all sugar and alcohol and limiting carbohydrates such as fruit, starchy vegetables, grains, and legumes.
- Step 2: Next, you’ll want to attack the Candida by taking supplements that destroy Candida’s cell walls. I like to use Candifense™ as well as Caprylic Acid, both of which are excellent at breaking down the walls of Candida cells.
- Step 3: Finally, you will repopulate your gut with good bacteria using a high-potency probiotic to keep Candida under control. While battling Candida, I recommend a probiotic supplement containing 100 billion colony-forming units (CFUs) to restore your gut’s healthy microbial balance.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- How to know if you have Candida –blood or stool test
- Cleaning out your fridge and cupboards before you start of the foods that don’t serve you
- Neutralizers: How to get the pathogens out for good…Caprylic Acid, Anti Fungals, Undecenoic Acid (Elaina’s favorite!)
- Liver Flush: https://purejoyplanet.com/course/liver-flush-cleanse/ (this will answer a lot of questions and get you going on taking charge of your health) it can be a good place to start before you begin a Candida cleanse!
- Protocol Daily:
- Journaling- why do we eat…getting to the emotional bottom of things
- Meditation (insight timer app)
- Colonics and Enemas
- Coffee Enemas
- Metabolic Enzymes
- Digestive enzymes
- Lemon water and Lemonade with soda water, lemon, and stevia
- Pau D Arco tea and Breakstone (chanca piedra) tea
- Triumph over them with simple tricks like using stevia or carbonated water with lemon
- Emotional triggers- journal, meditation, vision boards and hypnosis.
- Surrounding yourself with the right people, places and things
Herxheimer die off and how to Hack it
- Colonics and Enemas
- Coffee Enemas
- Metabolic Enzymes
1.Eliminate all sweet foods except:
- Green Apples, Berries, stevia and lemons/limes
- Foods to avoid: fermented foods, sweeteners, trigger foods, carbohydrates, fruit juices, soy, grains
- Foods you can still have this week: quinoa, millet, sweet potatoes
- We go deeper into elimination…Eliminate all grains, chocolate, carob, and more….
- Continue to eliminate all fruit and legumes and anything else you are eating that is high carbohydrate.
- Keep on course, if you have set backs just jump right back on board.
- Eliminate all fruit except lemons, limes and their peels, cranberries
- Begin your first Liver Cleanse
3rd month Liver Cleanse
- Maintenance and beyond- How not to UNDO your hard work
- 4 more liver cleanses
- Regular parasite cleanses
- Colon Cleanse- My favorite: Blessed Herbs and https://revelationhealth.com/collections/detox-and-cleansing (I’m using the true cellular detox program)
Continued Support…6 months to 1 year
- CANDIDA CLEANSE WITH UNDECENOIC ACID- In my opinion the best candida cleanse!
- Dr Hulda Clark has all kinds of cleanses
Join our Ketogenic (does not feed candida) Lovecamp program: https://online.purejoyplanet.com/p/vegan-keto-diet-program-new-years
If you like this episode and want to hear more, please head to iTunes, subscribe, rate, and review this podcast. If you’d like us to explore more on any of the topics above, right to us! We’d love to hear from you. Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/purejoypodcast
💖 Web – https://purejoyplanet.com/
💖 Pure Joy Podcast Podcast – http://bit.ly/purejoypodcast
💖 Recipes – https://purejoyplanet.com/recipes
💖 Online Superfood & Health Store –https://store.purejoyplanet.com/
GET IN TOUCH
💖 Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/rawchefelainalove/
💖 Twitter – https://twitter.com/ElainaLove
💖 Facebook –https://www.facebook.com/PureJoyAcademy/
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for me? Leave your comments below and one of us will reply! If you’d like to support the show and my message, please like rate and review on iTunes or wherever you love to listen to podcasts. Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/purejoypodcast
Why Are We So Triggered? Techniques to Regain Your Footing, Be In Your Heart Portal, And Follow Your Bliss
Why are we so Triggered? Techniques to Regain your Footing, be in … …
6 Minute Meditation with Elaina| Full Body Healing Listen Here: https://purejoyplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Silver-River-Chakra-Meditation-and-Body-Healing.mp3 When … …