Listen to the full episode above. In this life-changing episode, I speak with Dave Conley about how he created the life he was born to live. We discuss how to change your life and make a real difference in the world. “What brings me joy is bringing unexpected happiness to others.”
Living Your Dreams and Connecting to Pure Joy! In this episode we speak about how to change your life and:
- How Dave lost 150 pounds and has kept the weight off by changing his life
- How Dave helps people align themselves with health and happiness
- How he was one of the first people to introduce the Internet to the world through his job at AOL.
- How he quit his sucky job to live the life of his dreams.
- How he survived the death of his beloved wife and transformed his life and his health through his grief.
- A new Twist on the Loving Kindness Meditation- How Dave makes it work for him
- Dave’s tips for getting a good nights sleep and why he feels it’s important
- How to change your life: once you do one good thing for your body, the rest falls into place and you begin to really care for your body (the ripple effect)
- Dave is a self-proclaimed “Coffee Nerd” he talks about his ritual around it
- We discuss the book: Will Power Doesn’t Work and what Elaina got out of it
Dave’s favorite recipes Elaina made at Camp GLP: Buttery Mexican Crackers- AKA The Cracker that Doesn’t Suck! Here’s the recipe for those of you who would love it:
BUTTERY MEXICAN CRACKERS
These crackers are light and flaky and a perfect grain-free snack!
- 4 cups sunflower seeds (8 cups after sprouting)
- 1/2 cup golden flaxseeds, ground
- 2-4 cups of water (enough to blend)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups tomatoes and/or red peppers
- 1/3 – 1/2 red onion
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic
- 3 tsp chili seasoning mix
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 3 tsp. mineral salt
- 1 small jalapeno – optional for a spicy kick
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (this one is our favorite)
- Soak 4 cups of sunflower seeds for 4 hours. Then drain and rinse and place in a colander. Let the seeds sprout at room temperature for another 4+ hours until they get 1/4 inch tails. Sprouting will make the lightest, most nutritious, protein-rich crackers.
- In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients except 1 cup sunflower seeds, on high until smooth. You can do in two batches if you have a smaller blender pitcher.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl and hand mix in the remaining 1 cup of sunflower seeds.
- Spread onto dehydrator drying sheets 1/4 inch thick. Score into square crackers. Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 6-8 hours, flip them onto the mesh sheet and peel the drying sheet off. Continue drying for another 6-8 hours or until dry.
- Once cool, snap the crackers apart and store in an airtight container. Will last 1-2 months.
OTHER THINGS WE MENTIONED
https://limitl.es/love for 12 or more things on how to get better sleep
If you like this episode and want to hear more, please head to iTunes, subscribe, rate, and review this podcast. If you’d like us to explore more on any of the topics above, right to us! We’d love to hear from you. Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/purejoypodcast
Pure Joy Podcast Podcast – http://bit.ly/purejoypodcast
Recipes – https://purejoyplanet.com/recipes
Online Superfood & Health Store –https://store.purejoyplanet.com/
GET IN TOUCH
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/rawchefelainalove/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/ElainaLove
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for me? Leave your comments below and one of us will reply! If you’d like to support the show and my message, please like rate and review on iTunes or wherever you love to listen to podcasts. Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/purejoypodcast
What You Need to Know About Medicinal Mushrooms with Jeff Chilton MEET … …