In this podcast interview, I speak with Neil Pasricha; author of The Happiness Equation, How to get back up, and 1000 awesome things blog to name a few of the amazing work he’s published.
I recently listened to the audio version of his book, How to get back up, and was very impressed with Neil’s narrative including his personal asides, intellect, and personality weaved into it.
Furthermore, in his New York Times bestselling book, The Happiness Equation, I found his use of topics like “The First Five Things You Must Do Before You Can Be Happy,” and “Do This and Criticism Can’t Touch You,” very relatable and indeed life-changing, yet simple.
Our talk runs the gamut of how Neil created “the best blog of the year” 2 years in a row and why he thinks it is incredibly successful.
During my discussion with Neil Parischa, you’ll discover:
- Is no-religion becoming the world’s newest and biggest religion?
- Why it’s important to… get out in nature, or read an actual fiction book, or journal (just pick one for 20 minutes a day).
- What is a fun bucket and how to make sure it’s a complete part of our lives? How do we balance our buckets of sleep, work and family/fun time?
- What is the deathbed test?
- What are Neils systems? And why do they beat having just goals… every time? What are some of Neil’s fool-proof systems that keep him on track and don’t require any willpower at all?
- Why it’s important to take 02 minutes to write down the highlights of your day before you go to bed.
- What is area 17 in your cortex?
- Read your own journal and triple the positive effects of your day!!!
I hope you enjoy listening in on our lively chat and read his book The Happiness Equation!
Get to know Neil Parischa
- My marriage fell apart and best friend took his own life ten years ago and my blog became my therapy
- I post one awesome thing a day here and this tiny site has now scored over 60,000,000 hits and won “Best Blog in the World” two years in a row from the Int’l Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences
- I am the New York Times bestselling author of The Book of Awesome, The Happiness Equation, and many other books, which have been bestsellers for over 200 weeks, eight consecutive years, and collectively sold over 1,000,000 copies
- I run a Top 100 iTunes podcast called 3 Books with Neil Pasricha where each chapter I uncover and discuss the three most formative books of inspiring individuals like Judy Blume, Mitch Albom, and David Sedaris. Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
- I read 100 books a year and send out a monthly Reading Club Email to about 35,000 people.
- I have given two TED Talks including “The 3 A’s of Awesome” which ranked as a Top 10 “Most Inspiring” TED Talk on TED.com.
- I am Director of The Institute for Global Happiness
- I give around 50 speeches a year on topics such as leadership, engagement, and mental health
- I am on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, GoodReads, LinkedIn, and Quora. (Phew!)
- I worked at Walmart for ten years (2006 – 2016) as PM to the CEO and most recently as Director of Leadership Development
- I have degrees from Queen’s University and Harvard Business School
- I am married to Leslie and we have young sons and live in Toronto, Canada
- I am extremely lucky … and my ikigai is to help people live happy lives.
If you like this episode and want to hear more, please head to iTunes, subscribe, rate, and review this podcast. If you’d like us to explore more on any of the topics above, right to us! We’d love to hear from you. Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/purejoypodcast
Pure Joy Podcast Podcast – http://bit.ly/purejoypodcast
Recipes – https://purejoyplanet.com/recipes
Online Superfood & Health Store –https://store.purejoyplanet.com/
GET IN TOUCH
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/rawchefelainalove/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/ElainaLove
Michael Arterbery on using trauma and hard experiences to make a difference in the world | Episode 52
Michael Arterbery on using trauma and hard experiences to make a difference … …