How Your Unique Tendencies Can Help You Be the Best You Can Be with Gretchen Rubin
Do you sometimes feel out of alignment with those around you? Do you make yourself wrong or make others wrong because they are not like you? Let’s discover how your unique tendencies can help you be the best you can be! Elaina talks to best selling author Gretchen Rubin about the many ways that humans identify themselves.
Listen in to understand that each human’s way of being is right for them. Gretchen has spent a large part of her life figuring out what makes people happy and how to create habits that can work for your way of being (not some cookie cutter way that only works for some) and her ways of getting there.
“Relationships are the key to happiness so make a resolution to give a warm greeting to everybody in your house every time they come and go.”
- Her book, Better Than Before; how we can make or break our habits based on trying to get her Mother to change some of hers. Her experience with breaking habits and how different things work for different people.
- Her book, The Four Tendencies
- How knowing what we are can help us understand ourselves and others better
- Her quiz that helps you understand yourself: Are you an Obliger, A Questioner, An Upholder or a Rebel? Are you an over buyer or an under-buyer? Are you a Marathoner or a Sprinter? Do you love simplicity or abundance? Whatever type of person you identify with, you are right! And so is everyone else!
- How you know if you’re a procrastinator or a sprinter and how you can use this in the workplace with your employees/employers.
- How we all see the world differently and how to cohabit space with people that behave differently than you. For example: some people are morning people and some people are night people and both are RIGHT!
- We talk about how to travel and remain grounded while searching for healthy things by using her technique, The Bowl of Requirement!
- How to easily declutter your life, how to have better relationships and so much more!
“Looking back out of all the best intentions, I was giving people terrible advice because I was giving them the advice that would work for me. And what I’ve learned is just because it works for me, doesn’t mean it is going to work for you.”
GET IN TOUCH WITH GRETCHEN
Gretchen Rubin is one of today’s most influential and thought-provoking observers of happiness and human nature. She’s known for her ability to distill and convey complex ideas with humor and clarity, in a way that’s accessible to a wide audience.
She’s the author of many books, including the blockbuster New York Times bestsellers The Four Tendencies, Better Than Before, and The Happiness Project. She has an enormous readership, both in print and online, and her books have sold almost three million copies worldwide, in more than thirty languages. (The Happiness Project spent two years on the bestseller list.)
On her top-ranking, award-winning podcast “Happier with Gretchen Rubin,” she discusses happiness and good habits with her sister Elizabeth Craft.
Gretchen Rubin started her career in law and was clerking for Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor when she realized she wanted to be a writer. Raised in Kansas City, she lives in New York City with her husband; they have two daughters (a college freshman and a seventh-grader.
The Four Tendencies Quiz (which tendency are you?) Quiz.gretchenrubin.com
New Book: Outer Order Inner Calm released March 2019
To find out more about Gretchen visit: https://gretchenrubin.com/
Gretchen’s Podcast: Happier with Gretchen Rubin
Links to Other Resources Offered on Our Site:
Try Elaina’s Favorite Healthy products! Your purchases help support me to keep bringing you this free podcast. So thank you in advance
Tip of the Day: Reminder to do your good deed for the day and give us a review on Itunes or where ever you listen to podcasts.
If you like this episode and want to hear more, please head to iTunes, subscribe, rate, and review this podcast. If you’d like us to explore more on any of the topics above, right to us! We’d love to hear from you. Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/purejoypodcast
If you’d like to hear from someone or a certain topic on the podcast, please write to us at email@example.com
For sign up for my mailing list and get more recipes, tips and blog, go to PureJoyPlanet.com
Michael Arterbery on using trauma and hard experiences to make a difference in the world | Episode 52
Michael Arterbery on using trauma and hard experiences to make a difference … …