In this episode, Elaina and Katelyn discuss doing yearly liver cleanses is crucial to a healthy body and mind. The liver is responsible for filtering everything you consume, including environmental toxins, pesticides, herbicides, fragrances, and other harmful chemicals. When harmful toxins and substances enter your bloodstream, your liver acts fast to detoxify and destroy them.
Your liver is also how you process and digest your fats – it breaks down fat and compounds such as lipoproteins, cholesterol, and phospholipids. If your liver isn’t functioning properly, you may have a difficult time processing healthy fats, leading to malabsorption and leaking gut symptoms.
What Your Liver Does For You
- The liver performs over 500+ functions
- Carbohydrate metabolism: converts carbs to glucose to be used as energy throughout the body and brain.
- Creates (synthesizes) amino acids to build proteins
- Secretes bile and bile salts needed for fat digestion
- Metabolizes toxins so they can be excreted by the body- DETOX mechanism.
- Contains special blood cells (Kupffer’s Cells) to neutralize bad bacteria and antigens.
- Keeps blood glucose in balance.
- Liver cells break down fatty acids which then generates ATP
- Synthesizes cholesterol and triglycerides within cells
- Converts ammonia (left over from too many amino acids) into urea, which can then excreted by the urine. (Ammonia is much more toxic then urea)
- Ability to change and process hormones (thyroid converts T4 into active T3, estrogen, and aldosterone)
- Detoxes drugs, medications, pesticides, dangerous vaccine components, and environmental toxins
- Stores and releases (when needed) glycogen, vitamin A, D, E, K (fat soluble), vitamin b-12, copper and iron.
- Along with the skin and kidneys, the liver forms active vitamin D for the body to use
- Detoxes and filters everything that comes into the intestines and blood (the only organ that can do this)
After the liver “deals” with the toxins where do they go?
- The liver is able to metabolize or change many toxins so they can be eliminated from the body.
- Some toxins are shunted into the bloodstream and then removed by the kidneys.
- Some move to the bile, which is a secretion of the liver.
- Bile flows to the gallbladder for storage and more transformation.
- Then the bile flows into the small intestine and the toxins are eliminated in the feces. That is, if everything is functioning optimally.
Can you imagine never changing the oil in your car? How about never cleaning your toilets? Things would start to build up. We discuss how the liver functions, and what happens when your liver is clogged. We also discuss in detail how to do your own liver flush protocol and all the tools and practices to support your organs.
Is Your Liver Toxic?
Toxins are everywhere! Our food, our air, our water, our environment, our thoughts, and our own body’s waste create a constant barrage. Let’s face it…there is no getting away from the toxins that we all encounter on a daily basis unless maybe you are a monk on a hilltop breathing pristine air. Full show notes and episode link in bio.
The intention of a Liver Flush
- To easily and lovingly clear gravel, stones and sand from the gallbladder and liver and adjoining ducts and vessels, improving overall health and well-being.
- To compassionately release emotional debris that inhibits personal transformation and our birth right of pure joy.
- To balance body-mind-spirit, freeing you to live a life in complete confidence and power.
- To support yourself by nurturing, resting, using tools and seeking emotional, physical and spiritual help as needed.
This is a powerful detoxifying process, which releases liver and gallstones and other debris from the gallbladder and liver, helping restore proper functioning of these organs. Those who have been eating rancid fats, packaged goods, and animal products for years may choose to do a number of flushes to flush out the hardened layers of undigested cholesterol, minerals, and salts that form gallstones and intrahepatic stones. For those who are new to eating high plant-based diet, longer preparation (7 -14 days) should be followed to ensure a successful liver flush. The stones and debris need time to soften and dislodge. Think of a dry piece of clay. One would have to pour water over it for some time to begin to break if up.
HOW TO DO THE CLEANSE AND GUIDED COURSE:
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN GREEN JUICE- FREE JUICING COURSE:
WHERE TO BUY MALIC ACID, CASTOR OIL AND ALL THE LIVER FLUSHING TOOLS:
If you like this episode and want to hear more, please head to itunes, subscribe, rate, and review this podcast. If you’d like us to explore more on any of the topics above, right to us! We’d love to hear from you. Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/purejoypodcast
💖 Join our Plant-Based KETO Reset Lovecamp –https://online.purejoyplanet.com/p/vegan-keto-diet-program-anytime
💖 Web – https://purejoyplanet.com/
💖 Pure Joy Podcast Podcast – http://bit.ly/purejoypodcast
💖 Recipes – https://purejoyplanet.com/recipes
💖 Online Superfood & Health Store –https://store.purejoyplanet.com/
GET IN TOUCH
💖 Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/rawchefelainalove/
💖 Twitter – https://twitter.com/ElainaLove
💖 Facebook –https://www.facebook.com/PureJoyAcademy/
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for Elaina or Kate? Leave your comments below and one of us will reply! If you’d like to support the show and our message, please like rate and review on iTunes or wherever you love to listen to podcasts. Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/purejoypodcast
Michael Arterbery on using trauma and hard experiences to make a difference in the world | Episode 52
Michael Arterbery on using trauma and hard experiences to make a difference … …