Mindfulness for brain health, wellness, and weight loss Part 3 | Episode 44
Get these mindfulness tools and be ready to transform your limiting beliefs and master your life now! Watch the episode here:
The 3rd pillar of the Pure Joy Method
Can you believe it? Mindset is STILL the #1 way to change and SUCCEED!
This is the Pure Joy Method’s 3rd pillar in our 3 pillar structure for our Lovecamp (4-Week Keto Gone Green Coaching Program) because if we can incorporate mindfulness practices, journaling, meditating, exercise, intermittent fasting we can begin to switch our mindset
YOU ARE WORTHY and WORTH IT!
- STRESS AND DIGESTION: If we eat when we are stressed, digestion is not optimized, and we can’t digest properly. So even when you are eating the cleanest diet, if you are under stress (not mindful) you won’t be fully healthy (this leads to nutrient deficiencies, raised cortisol, ages you quicker, gain weight around the belly. etc,)
- LEAKY GUT CORTISOL CONNECTION
- THERE IS NO MAGIC PILL: Changing your health requires patience and dedication in order to fully transform. This is not an overnight fix!
- PRAYER/GRATITUDE practice before eating (drink it in with your eyes first.
- STOP AND PAUSE for 1 minute before taking your first bite (a great time to take your digestive enzymes)
- EAT, BREATHE and CHEW ONLY…No tv, phones, magazines, etc.
- MEDITATION: How this practice can stay with you throughout the day. From the book Mindfulness by Mark Williams and Danny Penman: “Numerous psychological studies have shown that regular meditators are happier and more contented than average.’ These are not just important results in themselves but have huge medical significance, as such positive emotions are linked to a longer and healthier life.2 • Anxiety, depression and irritability all decrease with regular sessions of meditation.3Memory also improves, reaction times become faster and mental and physical stamina increase.4 o Regular meditators enjoy better and more fulfilling relationships.’ o Studies worldwide have found that meditation reduces the key indicators of chronic stress, including hypertension.’ • Meditation has also been found to be effective in reducing the impact of serious conditions, such as chronic pain’ and cancer,’ and can even help to relieve drug and alcohol dependence.
- Many studies have now shown that meditation bolsters the immune system and thus helps to fight off colds, flu and other diseases” To practice…. We are going to do one 1-minute together.Sit comfortably, focus on your breath in and out your nose, maybe roll your eyes towards the center-3rd eye, then just be silent and breathe… If thoughts come up, just notice them and go back to your breath (no judgment). SET TIMER NOW. When we finish… what do you notice? Do you want to go longer? Do you feel a tiny bit calmer? 2ND FOOD MEDITATION PRACTICE…The chocolate meditation….dark chocolate, you and nothing else…(Elaina explains)
- MINDFULNESS BOOKS & APPS:
- Books: (most found on Audible)
- The 4 Agreements
- 10% Happier by Sam Harris
- nonviolent communication
- Untethered Soul (Michael Singer)
- The Art of Living
- Radical Acceptance (Tara Brach)
- Apps: Insight timer, youtube, headspace
- Books: (most found on Audible)
- Elaina’s COUNT to 30 OR WAIT for 10 MINUTES method
- NOTICING AND REPLACING: practice noticing negative thoughts or words around your food choices or your body/looks. When we catch ourselves saying something unsavory, without judgment, just notice it, then replace that thought with something believable (might just be something as simple as I can have that later or my skin looks amazing)
- EXERCISE AND MOVEMENT: could be cardio or as simple as stretching and feeling your body inside and also with your hands.
- BODY SCAN: How do I FEEL? My eyes, my lips, my cheeks, my head, my neck, my shoulders, all the way down to your toes.
- AM I HUNGRY? Ask yourself this question… If no, then what is this sensation and is there something other than food that I can replace it with? Talking to a friend, a walk, some pushups or lunges, a bath or sauna, a drive or errand????
11 Benefits of Mindful Eating
- Learn to eat when you’re hungry, and stop when you’re sated.
- Learn to really taste the food, and to enjoy the taste of healthy food.
- You slowly start to realize that unhealthy food isn’t as tasty as you thought, nor does it make you feel good anymore.
- Lose weight effortlessly if that’s your goal
- Begin to sort through the emotional issues you have around food and eating. This takes a bit longer, but it’s important.
- Social overeating becomes less of a problem — you can eat mindfully while socializing, with practice, and not overeat, having an experience of getting filled up with social connections
- Begin to enjoy your eating experience more, and as a result, enjoy life more.
- A mindfulness ritual you can look forward to.
- How food affects your mood and energy throughout the day.
- Become more intuitive with what your body needs, listening to its signs
- What food best fuels your life (fitness, work, play)
With these 3 pillars in place, we’ve seen such a high rate of success with our clients. From losing weight, lowering cholesterol levels, balancing hormones, reducing PCOS symptoms, gaining the energy back, JOY and MOOD ENHANCED, and sleep.
Email us at email@example.com and ask away!
If you like this episode and want to hear more, please head to Itunes, subscribe, rate, and review this podcast. If you’d like us to explore more on any of the topics above, right to us! We’d love to hear from you. Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/purejoypodcast
STAY IN TOUCH
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PureJoyAcademy/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/elaina_love_pure_joy_podcast/
- Website: http://purejoyplanet.com/
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/user/PureJoyPlanet
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/ElainaLove
- Online Superfood & Health Store –https://store.purejoyplanet.com/
- Join our anytime KETO Lovecamp – https://online.purejoyplanet.com/p/plant-based-keto-diet-program-spring2020/
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for us? Leave your comments below and one of us will reply! If you’d like to support the show’s message,
Michael Arterbery on using trauma and hard experiences to make a difference in the world | Episode 52
Michael Arterbery on using trauma and hard experiences to make a difference … …