How to do a coffee enema
I know, the thought of an enema can bring visions of nurse Ratchet and make you want to run for the hills! But wait… Enemas can be easy and actually enjoyable. They can be a lifesaver when done in the right way and at the right time. Enema’s, including coffee enemas, flush the colon of old debris and toxins and can help your liver dump excess bile and built-up sludge that could be affecting your health and well-being.
Coffee Enemas, in particular, could be the most important thing you can do for your health and the health of your liver. The liver has over 500 functions, a few of which are helping to filter out toxins, chemicals, and any unhealthy foods you put into your body. This also includes lotion, deodorants, fabric softener, toothpaste, and anything else you put on your body. If you are experiencing any kind of illness or toxicity, a coffee enema is the way to go! In less than 30 minutes, you will be doing cartwheels and well on your way to a more vibrant, healthy you!
Using water to clean the outside of your body (bathing and showering) is a well-accepted way of being. It is what we do to maintain our health and comfort (not to mention the comfort of those close to us). Have you ever thought about how to clean the inside of your body? Some people think it’s not necessary, but those who have experienced enemas and felt the immediate healing effects know that it is truly transformative. At an earlier time in history, it was more commonly known that cleaning the inside of the body (colon) with water was the fastest way to lower a fever, alleviate abdominal pain and help ease any discomfort or ailments one was experiencing. As far back as the Essenes in biblical times, we have seen the use of the enema to heal people from a plethora of diseases. In most cases, the disease of the body is directly related to the colon (constipation and autointoxication).
Autointoxication means, self-poisoning from one’s own wastes. This incomplete elimination of waste from the intestines and tissues leads to a cesspool of toxins within the body. The method for restoring pristine health is available to us through a process of purification. Often 90% or more of your ailments can be improved or remedied through a deep cleansing program. With the return to your proper alkaline body pH (7.4), which includes eating a healthy mostly plant-based diet, and getting proper minerals and nutrients, plus unblocking and/or washing out your colon, you will see how much boundless energy, youthfulness, and vibrancy you can have!
In my experience, coffee enemas are the perfect way to get yourself off of drinking coffee (if that is a habit you are trying to break). If you have been wanting to stop drinking coffee but are afraid you will be fatigued or have caffeine withdrawal headaches, then doing coffee enemas for the first 3-4 days of quitting will allow you to avoid that pain. Because you are taking the coffee into your colon, not your mouth, it will cleanse and heal your liver as well as help relieve any discomfort that could occur from quitting coffee. You won’t experience the negative effects of coffee withdrawal because the coffee in enema form stimulates you just enough to feel amazing all day without the negative effects coffee can have on the body. You can stop doing them after 4 days. Voila, no headaches or tiredness!
See the full coffee enema instructional video below.
An enema consists of 1 quart (4 cups) of water at body temperature flushed through the colon, You can either use plain (filtered) water or hot water steeped with your choice of healing herbs (see Herbal Hydrotherapy below). You can then follow that with a coffee enema to accomplish the cleansing of the large intestine, along with a dumping of toxins and bile from the liver and gallbladder. The enema solution can be one of the following depending on what you are trying to accomplish.
(1) Plain water enema: Take 1 quart of body temperature water and place it in an enema bucket. Flush your colon with 2 consecutive six-cup buckets of water.
(2) Epsom Salts Enema: Take 1 quart of body temperature water and add 2 tsp. of Epsom Salts. Use only pure water, highly filtered, spring or distilled water and not tap water. The salt solution will accomplish a nice general cleaning of the colon and allow the lymph system to begin to cleanse itself. This is gentle on the body and not irritating to the colon. These salt solution enemas can be used morning or night.
(3) Herbal Hydrotherapy: Use some eyebright tea or any medicinal tea such as nettles (see herbal list below) and boil it into 6 cups of water. When it has cooled down, strain it and use it as an enema.
Here are some of the benefits people have found from partaking in regular coffee enemas:
- A boost of the liver’s ability to detoxify itself
- An increase in peristalsis to help the colon empty itself thoroughly
- Removes impacted feces and blockages (from water enemas followed by coffee enemas)
- Cleanses the colon, removes toxins, waste products, debris, parasites, bacteria, and yeast colonies
- Improves digestion
- Reduces brain fog and improves mental clarity
- Improves mood
- Relieves depression, anger, and anxiety
- Relieves headaches and migraines
- Has been known to reverse cancer when done 2-3x per day 3 hours apart in conjunction with The Gerson Therapy
Coffee Enema Recipe
- Tea Kettle or pot for boiling, strainer, enema bucket, lubricant
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) organic caffeinated coffee
- 4 cups purified water
- possibly ice from purified water (if needed to cool down solution quickly)
- 1 tsp. chlorella liquid or powder or 1 tsp. Charcoal powder (to be taken ahead of time orally)
Before beginning your coffee enema, take 1 tsp. to 1 Tbsp. of chlorella or 1 tsp. Activated charcoal in 1 cup water to help suck up any toxins that may be released in the process. Use 4 tablespoons of organic caffeinated coffee. Do not use decaffeinated coffee as it will not have the proper cleansing effect. Either brew the coffee as you normally would (in a French press or a glass pitcher with hot water) then strain. OR if you want to remove most of the caffeine, boil the coffee for 15 minutes in 5 cups of pure water in a stainless steel pot. Do not use aluminum or Teflon. After simmering the coffee for 15 minutes, let it cool to body temperature (use ice cubes if you are in a hurry). Then strain through a nut milk bag or screen strainer. If you want you can make it the night before and warm the solution in the morning to body temperature (be careful because even touching coffee at night can be stimulating when you are in cleansing and fasting mode). Then place the body temperature coffee in an enema bucket.
A coffee enema is preferable in the morning (not after 3 pm) as the caffeine can be too energizing. Coffee enemas work well to decongest the liver and get the bile flowing. For best results let the coffee remain in your already-flushed colon for 15 minutes. This will help really open the bile ducts and let the liver dump its toxins.
Note: Before doing your coffee enema, I recommend flushing your colon with at least 1 quart of plain water.
Step By Step Instructions For a Coffee Enema
- Put a dark towel on the ground to lie on. Better to use a towel you don’t care about.
- Fill the enema bucket and hang it no higher than doorknob or counter height. Any higher may cause too much pressure on the colon.
- Open the tube and let all the air escape, then re-clamp it. Lubricate the tip of the enema tube with coconut oil or olive oil. You may lie down on your back, right side or kneel with your chest to the floor.
- Find the position that you find most comfortable and insert the enema tip into your rectum. The Enema bag or bucket has a control valve to allow water to flow into the body or to stop the flow when you feel full.
- Once you feel full you can stop the flow and see if the urge to eliminate goes away. Rub your colon to move the liquid around. The more water or coffee allowed in, the further into the colon you are able to reach. If your urge to eliminate is strong then shut off the valve and remove the tip and sit on the toilet to eliminate.
- Once elimination is finished you can return to performing the rest of the enema. Repeat this process until you have used all the water in the enema bucket.
- For coffee enemas, once all of the coffee is inside your colon, remove the tube and hold the coffee inside of your colon for 15 minutes. I find it easier to do this if I am in a warm room and am lying on my right side (the same side the liver is on), or in a bathtub filled with warm water and a few drops of lavender oil.
Performing an enema each day of a seven to ten-day cleanse or as needed to relieve constipation or other dis-ease is a wonderful tool for healing that has proven itself for generations.
Clean-up: Be sure to wash your enema bucket or bag after each use with very hot water and soap and possibly some hydrogen peroxide. Clean your toilet well under the rim and around the bottom of the seat immediately after use. Use a natural cleaner, like a water and vinegar spray for the most holistic approach (1 part vinegar to 4 parts water).
Optional Wheatgrass Implant: After you have cleansed the colon with 2 to 4 buckets of water followed by a coffee enema (optional), you can implant 2-4 oz. of fresh pressed wheatgrass. Your colon should be empty and the enema bucket should also be empty except for the small amount of wheatgrass. Tilt the bucket at an angle so the wheatgrass is angled to easily go down the tube. Lay on your right side and watch the wheatgrass empty from the bucket. Stay there for up to 20 minutes if possible (you may want to lay on an inverted board and or read a book. Keep taking deep breaths and hold it in as long as possible. It gets easier each time you do it. Be sure to have a timer handy. You will eliminate huge amounts of mucus throughout the day. Don’t worry, it’s a good thing!
Herbal Hydrotherapy for deep healing
Herbs and water are powerful healers used to soothe colon irritation and inflammation, promote healing of colon tissue, reduce fevers, get rid of parasites, and relieve lung congestion.
- Catnip (for fevers)
- Pau D’ Arco (for fungal infections)
- Aloe Vera (for inflammation)
- White Oak Bark (diarrhea and fevers, short term use) boil for 20 minutes and let cool
- Plantain Leaf (inflammation, drawing)
- Black Walnut Hull (parasites)
- Chaparral Herb
- Marshmallow Root (for soothing and inflammation)
These herbs provide many healing properties including anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-oxidant, and anti-septic. Before the colonic session, the herbs are steeped like tea (about 1 Tbsp. of herbs to 4 cups boiling water). Once it cools to body temperature it is strained and inserted into the rectum and gets absorbed into the colon. Hold the liquid in your colon as long as possible (up to 15 minutes) then release. Herbal enemas can be helpful to reduce chronic inflammation, tone the colon, and increase the wave-like movement of the colon called peristalsis.
Have fun and remember, the more enemas you perform on yourself, the easier it gets. This should not be a dreaded event but something to look forward to that will make you feel lighter and more at ease! Once you get the hang of it and learn it’s power, you will want to an enema any time you are feeling bad or constipated or ill.
With love and joy,
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. These directions are provided for educational purposes only and should not be treated as a substitute for medical advice from your healthcare professional. Enemas are for adults only, unless supervised by a health care practitioner. Interaction with Medication and Other Supplements: If you are taking medications, you should check with your physician or pharmacist before cleansing.
Why Are We So Triggered? Techniques to Regain Your Footing, Be In Your Heart Portal, And Follow Your Bliss
Why are we so Triggered? Techniques to Regain your Footing, be in … …
6 Minute Meditation with Elaina| Full Body Healing Listen Here: https://purejoyplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Silver-River-Chakra-Meditation-and-Body-Healing.mp3 When … …