Quarantine Home Spa Series Part 3 | Internal Cleansing, Coffee Enema’s, At-Home Detox
Watch the video to learn why it’s a good idea to do a cleanse. Here are some benefits you may enjoy after doing a light 3-5 day cleanse. Note that during your cleanse you may feel a bit more tired or irritable, but the afterglow is so worth it!
- The energy which is balanced and peaceful not hyper
- Better Moods (more even)
- Clearer, brighter Skin
- A lightness in your step and more energy to exercise
- Better Sleep
- Balance Hormones
- A thinner, lighter body
- Lose your cravings for junk
- Start to really enjoy vegetables an healthy foods
- Reduce or eliminate bloated belly
- Better Digestion
How to do a Light Detox at home
Choose 3-5 days on your calendar (Starting at full moon or the 2 weeks after is the optimal time)
- Gluten and other grains
- Dairy- includes, cheese, milk, cream and butter
- Optional: coffee- switching to decaf or herbal tea
- Lower your salt intake (switch to Real salt)
- Green Juice: Ideally 1 16-oz. A green juice a day is ideal. This can consist of celery, cucumber, parsley, cilantro, kale, ginger, lemon/lime, and any other green vegetable that suits your fancy. If you need it sweeter at first, try ¼ of a green apple until you adjust to the flavor and can back off of that as apple juice is pure sugar when removed from its fiber.
- Soups, Smoothies, Juices, and Broths
- Optional Supplements (see below)
LIGHT CLEANSE MENU:
- Upon waking: 1 quart of water with 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 am: Morning: Turmeric Mylk, Herbal tea or black coffee (you can add a bit of homemade unsweetened hemp, coconut or almond milk)
- 10 am: Green Juice with celery, cilantro, kale, cucumber, lemon and ginger (wean off the apples, beets, carrots)
- 12 pm: Bended Smoothie
- 2 pm: Blended Soup or Broth
- 4 pm: Broth or Smoothie or more soup
- 6 pm: Broth blended with avocado or Smoothie, Soup or Green Juice or. a Big salad with olive oil and lemon
- Extras: Fire Cider or Wellness Shots, Charcoal Detox Shots daily, Supplements (follow recommendations on the bottles)
- Stop eating by 6 pm
- On only having water, tea, or black coffee during a 16-hour fasting window daily (no calories).
- Colon Cleansing: Water and Coffee Enemas, Colon Massage (see how to’s below)
- Add in some optional supplements:
- Cleansing Herbs – Add in 5 digestive enzymes per day and/or Reconstructive enzymes (5 in the am and 5 in pm on an empty stomach)
- Liver Cleanse Supplements or teas. Try a Liver detox tea 2x a day or some liver support pills daily. Follow instructions on the bottle. Follow the link above for the products mentioned here.
- A bowel cleanser of some kind: Oxy Magnesium or Colosan or Swiss Kriss (again follow instructions on the
- A simple recipe can be found here: https://purejoyplanet.com/recipes/liver-cleanse-juice/
- Don’t have a juicer? No problem! We show you how to use a blender and a nut milk bag to get the perfect juice every time! See the full video here
- Apple cider vinegar- 1 Tbsp. before a meal has been shown to helps improve digestion immensely. It can also help release liver and gallstones when taken regularly or during a fast.
- Malic Acid – Malic acid is a natural substance found in fruit and vegetables – one of the richest sources being apples. It is also naturally present in your body’s cells and large amounts of it are formed and then eventually broken down again on a daily basis. It possesses many health-related benefits such as boosting immunity, maintaining oral health, reducing the risk of poisoning from a build-up of toxic metals and promoting smoother and firmer skin. Start with ½ tsp. Per day, working up to 1 tsp over the course of a week.
- Reconstructive (Systemic) Enzymes – Elimination of potentially toxic substances from the body is a crucial part in the metabolic processes for optimal health. A variety of health issues can develop if toxins within the body impair enzyme function or availability or without a proper store of enzymes. Start with 2 capsules, on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and before bed.
- MSM – As a dietary supplement, MSM is recommended for neutralizing and eliminating toxins as well as alleviating conditions of environmental and food allergies, pain from inflammatory disorders, gastrointestinal ailments, and infection. MSM helps to minimize wrinkles and give a healthier, vibrant appearance as well as stronger hair and nails.
Charcoal Detox Drink: Recipe – makes 2 quarts
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tsp activated charcoal (use up to 1.5 TBS for extra detoxing)
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. malic acid
- 1 tsp. beet powder or crystals
- 1/8 tsp stevia or to taste
- 1 tsp. Mineral salt
- Blend everything together and store in glass jars. Drink 16 oz. a day on an empty stomach.
- It’s great to drink it before doing an enema to collect any toxins that may be released.
DAILY CLEANSING RECIPES
- Zesty Golden Turmeric Beverage- Replace your morning coffee or as an evening beverage
- Fire Cider- or Wellness Shot- to be taken daily after a meal
- Veggie Broth- or Creamy Broth- Take in the evening as a meal blended with avocado.
- Green Smoothie or The Antioxidant Smoothie – Use ingredients interchangeably if you cannot find something. Have as a daily morning smoothie.
- Warm Arugula Soup- enjoy as a lunch or dinner
- Raw Cucumber Avocado Soup- enjoy as a lunch or dinner
- Big Vegan Caesar Salad- as lunch or dinner
- Large Veggie Salad with Red Bell Dressing- Enjoy as a lunch or dinner
AFTER THE CLEANSE MENU: Make things like this for the next 3 days.
- Superwoman Coffee enjoy this coffee or tea with all the additional ingredients
- Breakfast- Enjoy a chia pudding or orange chia daily for the next 3 days
- Lunch- A hearty butternut soup
- Dinner- Zucchini pasta with Vegan Pesto
- Treats: enjoy a light snack by trying one of our sweet treats
- Check out all of our recipes for more ideas on breaking your cleanse the plant-based way. Don’t overdo the nuts or sweets though!
We’ve been flipping our perspective on the current “normal” by using this at home time to up our self-care routine, giving our bodies the best attention and nourishment we can. Here are some current practices we are doing:
Optimal health starts in the colon- When your colon is clogged up from eating sugar, processed foods, processed vegetable oils. Alcohol, fiberless grains, and meat your gut bacteria get out of balance. Our microbiome is designed to have a balance of healthy bacteria that keeps up feeling optimal and ensures that if we are exposed to something toxic or eat something less than ideal the cleanup crew can come in and do its job. However if you are mostly eating foods that don’t serve your body or constantly being bombarded by outside toxins (skin product, chemicals, pollution, stress) then the good bacteria that helps you have healthy bowel movements, feel good and make your brain function optimally get squeezed out by the cleanup crew. As a result, you end up feeling out of balance, bloated, overweight, in a bad mood, and possibly diseased. No one wants that! So if you feel this way, it’s time to change up your diet to a more plant-based green one and do some colon cleansing.
Water Enema – It may sound scary at first, but flushing your colon with water on a regular basis can help to end your constipation, bad moods, and bowel discomforts. When your channels are blocked, there is no way for the toxins to release. So even if you are eating a healthy diet and avoiding junk, a water enema at least once a week until you are feeling great is a free and easy way to avoid sickness and get your health back on track. I (Elaina), have been doing this practice for 20+ years and I swear by the healing and energetic effects. The beginning of my healing journey was packed with cleanses and enemas. I would say the first year I was hyper-focused on cleaning out my body and getting rid of candida and healing my clogged colon. I was practicing daily enemas while eating a raw food diet until my health returned. When I do long juice fasts (3 days or more, I do enemas daily). Now, I only do enemas if I’m feeling sluggish or have eaten something wrong or feel I might be coming down with a cold. Taking an enema quickly diverts any illness from taking hold in my body.
Coffee Enema – This is like a water enema on steroids! It’s a great follow up to a water enema. Coffee, when inserted in the colon and held for 15 minutes, can completely heal the body and help the liver dump toxins immediately. The result is the feeling of euphoria and a clean and shiny colon. (SEE COFFEE ENEMA BLOG HERE)
Colon massage- It’s a good idea to rub your intestinal tract in the morning before arising to get the peristalsis moving. One way to do this is to begin on your right side (ascending colon- just above your hip bone) and move up in a circular motion with your fingers until you reach the transverse colon just under your navel. Cross over continuing to massage, and then down the left side (descending colon) to help the elimination process. You can also practice this during an enema (see descriptions above).
Mindset/Spiritual Cleansing: Meditation, Gratitude Practice, Invocations
MEDITATE 5-20 minutes daily. Use insight timer to find your favorites and bookmark them.
JOURNAL: Get a notebook and automatically write for 5 minutes a day. Write what’s bugging you, what you are feeling, and what you would like to change in your life. Watch how you start to transform!
PRAY: Ask for help and guidance daily from a higher power. A prayer can sound something like: “Dear _________ please help and guide me today to stay uplifted and to stay on track with my cleansing goals. With your help, I will succeed and be victorious! Thank you! “
DECREE: If you are someone who likes to Decree, you can use some of Elaina’s favorites to bring in an extra angelic form of help and energy for your day. Try this invocation of the Violet Flame.
Try Invocations like this one. Here is a recording Elaina has made to go along with this and to listen and recite along to every morning to help you in the process. (ELAINA WILL RECORD)
USE CONSCIOUS LANGUAGE-
- I can’t have that change to I DON’T want or need that…
- I CAN’T changes to I CHOOSE (to eat better, to be healthy)
- TRY changes to I WILL eat better, be more aware of my choices…
- I HATE changes to I AM LOVING it when I get opportunities to change my way of being, to see others’ points of view, etc.
- I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT changes to I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY LIFE, WHAT I ATTRACT AND HOW I RESPOND.
- I DON’T WANT TO changes to I AM ABLE TO RESPOND
SoulTranSync Meditation and Ho’oponopono Self-Forgiveness Practice with Edward Miller SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES … …