We have great news for coffee lovers! Today we are sharing a new Iced Coffee recipe to enjoy in the hot months. We love coffee and we know a lot of you do too, but we know that coffee can get a bad rap for a good reason! Conventional coffee is one of the most heavily sprayed crops on the planet. With the pesticide, mold. and chemical load coffee carries you can end up with uncomfortable caffeine jitters followed by adrenal fatigue that can throw off your day, having the opposite desired effect that drinking coffee brings. Sprayed coffee is bad for our planet and the people who grow and harvest it.
We know not everyone tolerates coffee well, but if you are like us, and really enjoy a good cup now and again (or daily) we are here to tell you how to maximize the benefits so you can still enjoy this satisfying beverage. As you might be guessing, we don’t drink just any coffee! In fact, we are quite picky about the coffee we consume and we avoid places that serve “normal” coffee.
Purity Coffee is on our list of approved coffees and is an antioxidant-rich, tested mold-free, low acidity product. Discount code below.
If you are a coffee drinker, these are the qualities of Purity Coffee that you want to look for:
- Starting with organic beans (just 1% of the world’s beans meet Purity’s standards), this coffee is screened for imperfections and toxins
- Roasted in a patented smokeless roaster
- Removed at the optimum point to capture inherent health benefits
- Taste-tested by experts
- Packaged properly for freshness.
“What we focused on is giving you a very pure cup of coffee with the least amount of caffeine for the most amount of antioxidants, no pesticides, no mold or anything else like that. Some of the strain on people’s bodies is often the fact that they’re drinking poor quality coffee and it’s not necessarily the coffee itself.”
– Purity Coffee’s Founder, Andrew Salisbury
AND… with the bonus benefits of medicinal mushrooms, adaptogenic herbs, longevity powder, and brain-boosting tonics in our recipes, we maximize the health benefits of drinking coffee.
- Purity Coffee (use code PUREJOY20 for 20% off)
- Longevity in a Bottle medicinal blend
- Coconut cream
- MCT Oil for fuel
- CBD Oil for anti-inflammatory effects
- Cinnamon or Cardamom for blood sugar balance
- Pinch of mineral salt
Why do we add Superfoods and Herbs in coffee?
We love adding herbal blends like Longevity in a Bottle to our coffee because it provides a synergistic blend of the world’s most revitalizing, anti-aging, and deeply energizing superfoods and herbal extracts designed to nourish you to live at your best! With organic ingredients like Maca, He shou Wu, Astragalus, Gingseng, Ashwagandha, Wildcrafted Mushroom Extracts (chaga, reishi, lion’s mane, and cordyceps just to name a few), and other vitality restoring herbs like pine pollen, holy basil, and nettle, you’ll feel the positive effects immediately!
Why do we add cinnamon or cardamom? Both cardamom and cinnamon are loaded with antioxidants and support the digestive system. Those sensitive to coffee usually tend to be overly acidic already, so adding an alkalizing herb like cinnamon or cardamom helps soothe the stimulating effects. You can either brew a spice like cinnamon or cardamom right with your coffee grounds, blend in, or sprinkle on top.
And as you may have guessed, adding a high-quality CBD oil also helps smooth the stimulating effect of caffeine while providing potent anti-inflammatory medicine into the gut and mind.
Why do we add fat to our coffee?
Healthy fats like MCT oil, coconut oil, coconut cream, or ghee slow the absorption of caffeine, creating a smoother and more sustained energy release, and are more protective of the gut. Plus, coconut fats can increase the cognitive and mental benefits of caffeine by helping it cross the blood-brain barrier. When we combine herbs and superfoods with fats we get a seriously rocking Pure Joy Coffee!
Don’t take our word for it, our clients love this blend as well!
It’s so good! One of my all time favorite recipes! I crave it! – Kathy K – Keto Gone Green Coaching Program
The Pure Joy Coffee is to die for really!!! I made a new batch of cold brew and oh yum! I won’t miss dairy with it like this!- Teresa C – Keto Gone Green Coaching Program
How we Brew our Coffee
We typically prepare our coffee using the pour-over-method or french press which will work for the recipe below.
Of course, all of these ingredients are suggestions only. You absolutely do not need to add in these extras, but if you want to take your morning brew up a notch, we invite you to give one of these a try!
- Brew the coffee in the hot water for 4 minutes. Strain or use a French Press.
- Let the coffee cool down a bit, then blend with the CBD oil, cinnamon, cardamom and the sweetener (add more sweetener if needed)
- Pour the blended coffee over the ice, then add the simple cream or decadent sugar-free cream over the top of the coffee. Let the cream drip down into the coffee creating a beautiful two-toned effect.
Decadent Cream Instructions
- In a large bowl, soak nuts for 8-12 hours in filtered water. Rinse well and add to a high-speed blender with water.
- Blend with water until smooth, about 30 seconds, and then strain through your Amazing Nut Milk Bag.
- Add milk and remaining ingredients back to the blender and blend again.
- Label, date, and store in refrigerator up to 5 days. Use in your coffee, tea, or any place you would use creamer.
Get creative in the kitchen with us! Share your Pure Joy Coffee recipe or invent your own and share via Instagram @purejoyacademy. We will feature your recipe on our page and give you a discount on any Longevity Power product of your choice to add to your coffee!
Why Are We So Triggered? Techniques to Regain Your Footing, Be In Your Heart Portal, And Follow Your Bliss
Why are we so Triggered? Techniques to Regain your Footing, be in … …
6 Minute Meditation with Elaina| Full Body Healing Listen Here: https://purejoyplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Silver-River-Chakra-Meditation-and-Body-Healing.mp3 When … …