- 2 ¼ cup packed almond pulp, left over from making almond milk
- ¾ cup ground white chia seeds OR golden flax seeds
- 1 tsp high mineral salt
- ¾ cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp psyllium husk powder, ground (not psyllium SEED powder)
- Optional - spices like italian seasoning, dried herbs, etc.
- Mix the almond pulp and chia/flax together in a large bowl first. Add salt, coconut oil, and psyllium husk and ‘knead’ by hand, until well mixed.
- Place the dough on to a dehydrator sheet covered by a teflexx/paraflexx sheet. Place another teflexx/paraflexx sheet on top to sandwich the dough between the two surfaces.
- Use a rolling pin to smooth out the dough into an even sheet.
- Use the back (dull side) of a knife to score the flatbreads into the size you desire, and flip the entire sheet of dough back on to the dehydrator sheet covered only by the mesh screen.
- Dry for 4 hours at 110 degrees C.
- You know the flatbreads are ready when they are moist, but not doughy. If you live in a dry climate, they may dry faster. Store in a ziplock bag or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or the freezer up to 1 month.