- 1 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup yellow onion (about 1/2 1 large onion)
- 1 lb. oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2-4 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chickpea miso paste
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk from can
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- PASTA: 3 large zucchinis, spiralized and marinated in 1 tsp salt (toss to coat and let drain).
- ADD LAST: 1/4 cup chopped basil and optional 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast sprinkled on top
- 1 can artichoke hearts (we love Native Forest found here)
- Using a spiral slicer or mandoline, spiralize zucchini into a large bowl. Coat with salt and toss. Let the liquid slowly release from the zucchini for about 10-20 minutes or while preparing remaining ingredients. Toss in a salad spinner or strainer to drain excess liquid. This will keep the noodles al dente like pasta noodles. (We love this spiralizer)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. Add the diced onion, stir and let cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté the garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and all seasoning and stir together. Cook for about 3 minutes before adding coconut milk.
- Add in the coconut milk and artichoke hearts, stir again and reduce heat to medium low and cover. Let the coconut milk simmer for 5-10 minutes or until bubbly and thick. Add marinated zucchini noodles (liquid drained) and spinach and simmer until noodles are tender but not soggy and spinach is wilted.
- Serve with chopped basil. Season with more salt and pepper as desired.