- 4 cups chopped butternut squash or sweet potatoes
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp. wheat-free tamari, coconut aminos or ½ -1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 4+ cups water or veggie broth
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves (topping)
- 2 scallions, minced (topping)
- 1 medium avocado + 1 cup water (creme)
- Saute the onion, garlic and celery until soft and a bit browned. Add a bit of water, not oil to keep the veggies from sticking.
- Add the squash or potatoes and spices with 4 cups of water or broth and let simmer until it becomes tender.
- Once the squash is tender, throw in a handful of chopped cilantro leaves and stir.
- Remove 3/4 of the soup and place in a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy then add it back to the pot.
- Blend the avocado and water with a little salt until creamy and use as a cooling swirl on top of the soup.
- Top with chopped cilantro, chopped scallions and gluten-free croutons