- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds, GROUND
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds, GROUND
- 3/4 tsp baking soda + 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp non aluminum baking powder
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup shredded carrot or zucchini
- 1/3 cup purified water
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar or raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract OR 6 drops Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 tsp. mineral salt
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: 1-2 tsp. lemon zest or lemon powder
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, stir in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a dry blender, blend coconut flakes, and all seeds into a powder. Be sure not to over blend as coconut will turn into a butter. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Next, combine the pumpkin puree, water, lemon juice, coconut sugar or sweetener of choice until smooth.
- Meanwhile, combine all dry the ingredients in your large mixing bowl with powdered coconut and stir until well combined.
- Mix the baking soda and apple cider vinegar together then pour into the bowl of flour with all the wet and dry ingredients including the coconut oil and spices until well combined.
- Gently fold in wet mixture with dry mixture until well combined.
- With a tablespoon, spoon mixture to 10-12 cupcake molds (we used silicon individual cupcake molds).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly browned onto and/or a fork comes out clean when you poke in the center. Let cool completely. Best served cool.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.