- 1 cup filtered hot water
- 1/2 cup SOAKED, packed Irish Moss (about 1/4 cup before soaking)
- 1. Begin by rinsing the moss very well in water.
- 2. Cover the moss in water in a large jar or bowl and let soak on the counter for 3 hours up to overnight, rinsing well after soaking. The moss will get clearer and fatter the longer it
- 3. Blend the water and moss on high speed in blender until smooth.
- 4. The paste will last in a glass jar, in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- ♥ Use it to thicken smoothies, shakes, pies, puddings, etc.
- ♥ Store unblended, soaked moss out of water in an airtight container for 2 weeks or more in the refrigerator. Once it is made into a paste, it will last about 10 days refrigerated.
- ♥ Moss doubles to triples in size once soaked.