- 16 cups purified water
- ¼ cup chaga root bits (www.chagaMountain.com)
- 2 reishi mushroom slices
- 1 Tbsp. astragalus root powder
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 Tbsp. sliced ginger root
- 2 Tbsp. nettle leaf
- Optional: 1 whole nutmeg, 4 clove buds or ¼ tsp. powder
- Place all ingredients (except nettle) in a large brewing pot and cover with 2 liters of filtered water.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer for 2-4 hours. Turn off heat and add in nettle. Let steam for 5 minutes.
- Let cool and strain using a straining mesh screen into a large glass jar. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Use tea for brewing your coffee, add into soups, use as a smoothie base, etc.