- 4 cups Macadamia nuts or soaked and dehydrated walnuts
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup mesquite or lucuma powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract OR 12 drops vanilla essence (we also added 6 drops of caramel essence)
- 1/8 tsp high mineral salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup Irish Moss Paste
- ¼-1/2 cup Cacao nibs (add later)
- 1. Soak and dehydrate the walnuts.
- 2. Puree the nuts in a food processor until it becomes flour.
- 3. Add the remainder of ingredients (except cacao nibs) and puree again until a homogenized dough forms. Add in cacao nibs and pulse.
- 4. Press with very firm pressure into a round spring form pan.
- 5. Refrigerate and slice into squares.
- 6. Brownies will keep refrigerated for 4 weeks or more. Can be kept frozen for 2-3 months.
- See Chocolate Ganache Recipe Above