- Soak the nuts for 1 hour then rinse well.
- Make Irish moss paste by soaking 1/3 cup dry Irish moss in 3/4 cup water, for 4 hours (or overnight) in cool water.Rinse well and drain the water.
- Then chop the moss well and blend in a high speed blender with 1 cup hot water until it becomes a smooth, creamy texture
- Measure the remaining ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend everything together until nuts are well blended and there is a smooth, shine to the batter.
- Pour the batter into a 10” cheesecake pan or 2 small cheesecake pans.
- Place in freezer to set, 1-2 hours or until middle of cheesecake is firm to the touch or refrigerate for 4 or more hours.
- Remove spring-form ring by inserting a non-serrated paring knife along the inside edge of the pan.
- Open the spring-form, remove cheesecake, garnish with fresh berries, and serve!
- Store covered in your refrigerator from 4-7 days. Cheesecakes freeze well for longer storage.
- Variations: You can substitute berries for any fruit.
- Tips: The most important thing is to blend all ingredients really well. If your blender has less than 8 cups full capacity or if your blender is struggling, blend 1/2 the recipe at a time (or just make 1/2 of the recipe and use 1 9 inch cheesecake pan). If the filling doesn’t taste rich and flavorful, add another small pinch of salt and a bit more sweetener and blend a little longer.