- 3 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds, GROUND
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds, GROUND
- 3 cups chopped carrots, kale, spinach and/or zucchini
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted or extra-virgin organic olive oil
- 3/4 tsp baking soda + 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp non aluminum baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. mineral salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 10 sun dried olives , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a dry blender, blend coconut flakes, and all seeds into a powder. Be sure not to over blend as coconut will turn into a butter. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Next, blend the chopped spinach, kale, herbs, carrots or zucchini, water, lemon juice until slightly chunky.
- Then, combine all dry the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Mix the baking soda and apple cider vinegar together then pour into the bowl of flour with all the wet and dry ingredients including the coconut oil and spices until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into 10-12 cupcake molds (we used silicon individual cupcake molds).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly browned and/or a fork comes out clean when you poke in the center.
- Let the muffins cool completely. Best served cool with butter or coconut oil. Store in a glass container in the refrigerator.