- 2 cups yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden beets, chopped
- 2 cups sunflower seeds, 3 cups after soaking
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp. ground golden or brown flax meal, optional for a more flexible tortilla
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- Soak sunflowers seeds for 2-4 hours in purified water. Rinse well in a large colander.
- In a high speed blender, blend yellow pepper, golden beet, onion, garlic, and water until smooth
- Add the sunflower seeds and remaining ingredients. Continue to blend until smooth.
- Take 1/4-1/3 cup batter and spread in lined with a teflex sheet, using a tortilla template for dehydrator
- Spread with a flat spatula. This will make 18 tortillas.
- Dehydrate until tortillas are firm enough to flip. Flip onto another dehydrator sheet and remove teflex sheet
- Dehydrate another 2-4 hours or until completely dry
- For a soft tortilla, take out after the tortillas are firm enough to flip. Skip above step.
- This is from Elaina's Pure Joy Kitchen Recipe Book #1 tittle Sunny Corn Chips Here