- 16 cups purified water
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 TBS sliced ginger root
- 2 TBS loose nettle leaf
- ¼ cup chaga root bits (www.chagaMountain.com)
- 2 slices reishi mushroom (MountainRoseHerbs.com)
- 1 TBS astragalus root powder (MountainRoseHerbs.com)
- Optional: 1 whole nutmeg, 4 clove buds or ¼ tsp. powder
- 1. Place the water, sticks roots and mushrooms in a big pot.
- 2. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer for 4-8 hours.
- 3. You can serve the tonic straight from the pot by using a straining mesh screen over your tea cup.
- 4. Continue to add more water to it as it gets low. This can be a tonic that you keep going on the stove and just add more ginger and cinnamon to each time you deplete your stock. You can make up to 6 pots of tea from the same base.
- 5. You can also just freeze or refrigerate all of the remaining roots and shoots and save them for another time.
- Also look for other healing adaptogens such as licorice root, he shou woo, rehmannia and more to add to your elixir.